Official Blog of the Tophatter Auction House
Meet the newest addition to our team at Tophatter, Cassandra. She’s hilariously goofy, fantastic at organizing partner auctions & all around awesome.
- Name: Cassandra
- What is your title/position? Answer: Partner Manager is my actual title - I manage partner auctions on Tophatter.
- Do you have any pets? Answer: No pets; I have allergies to dogs, cats and I just can’t cuddle with a lizard! I am becoming fond of our little dog Mika here at work.
- Who is your favorite Tophatter auctioneer? Why? Answer: The one with no pants! An auction must be more fun when you’re not wearing pants.
- If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be? Answer: Girl powa! A la Spice Girls but without the chunky platform shoes.
- What are your top 3 favorite non-Tophatter blogs/websites? Answer: I like to listen to Ted Talks on YouTube, NPR so I can get the latest news and I also like looking up vegetarian recipes on Pinterest, and my friend has a blog called: www.theforestfeast.com, which makes me want to eat local and fresh. I guess that’s four. Deal with it!
- When you DO have spare time, what are your hobbies? Answer: I volunteer a lot and I’m always in some kind of education program. Right now, I’m studying Gemology & Sustainable Leadership…so…I guess I don’t have spare time for hobbies. I live vicariously through our crafty Tophatter community. But I do like to sew…
- What is your dream vacation? Answer: I’ve been to many places around the world, but I’ve never been do India. I feel like a trip to India can change you. The Beatles, Alanis Morissette and my friend Beth are good examples.
- Who is your favorite guilty pleasure musician/band? Answer: I’m not sure I feel guilty about it but I do get an urgent and insatiable desire to listen to ‘Rumours’ by Fleetwood Mac. Sometimes it comes on so strong I NEED to listen to it. I think it’s because my Dad bought the album the day I was born and maybe Stevie Nicks’ voice has had a primal effect on my brain. Oh! And I can’t miss an opportunity to give a shout out to Canada’s best kept secret, The Tragically Hip! I’m a (proud) ‘Hipaholic’ which I think our Canadian Tophatters will appreciate.
- Could you go an entire week without phones, TV, and computers? Answer: Where do I sign up? I’ll go meditate in the forest and look for banana slugs…I’ve already forgotten the question.
Bahaha, Cassandra is a hoot & had me lol’ing the entire time I wrote this post! Wouldn’t you agree?
Have more questions for her? Ask below!