Official Blog of the Tophatter Auction House
1. Plan ahead. Bringing buyers into an auction is critical for the auction’s success so we suggest you plan ahead. Auctions can be scheduled between 3 and 30 days in the future. Let your customers, friends & fans know about your auction through email, facebook, twitter, pinterest & word of mouth. We provide lots of information on the ‘Promote’ action for your auction that will help you drive RSVPs up.
2. Lot limits: You shouldn’t list more lots than there is demand for in your auction. You can list as few items as you like in the auction, but cannot list more than 20 without RSVPs and the overall number you can list will depend on how many people have RSVPed.
3. Private auctions tab. In order for a private auction to appear on the main Tophatter page here, it must have at least 10 RSVPs.
4. Scheduling. Each private auction has a single owner, but that owner can invite anyone to schedule into it. The owner will have to approve each lot before it gets scheduled. There is currently no standby in private auctions.
5. Statistics. Private auctions do not currently affect your scheduling statistics.
We hope sellers enjoy the new private auction feature and we look forward to seeing it in action!