Official Blog of the Tophatter Auction House
We get to know you in the auction rooms, during the Town Halls, on the forums and through our social channels. But how do YOU get to know us - the staff at Tophatter?
Through these staff profiles that we’re starting, of course! This way, you can have a sneak peek behind the scenes. Expect lots of silly & super smart people doing awesome things!
First up - Les, one of the engineers here! We asked Les ten questions, to which he so kindly responded in his oh-so-Leslie-way. (Psssst, yes his full name is Leslie!)
- Name? Les Fletcher
- Position? Code Monkey
- Do you have any pets? No pets. :( I have a small apartment and am in the office more than at home.
- Who is your favorite Tophatter auctioneer? Wendell, no doubt.
- If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be? The ability to find anything, ala, John Taylor from the Nightside Series (http://top.ht/b1).
- Top 3 favorite non-Tophatter websites/blogs?
- XKCD (xkcd.com) - for the funnies
- Hacker News (news.ycombinator.com) - for the news
- Kickstarter (www.kickstarter.com) - for the cool things, (I give them waaaaay too much money, seriously, I have a problem).
- When you do have spare time, what are your hobbies? Swing dancing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and soccer.
- What’s your dream vacation? Hoping to head to Moscow and Oktoberfest at the end of the summer!
- Who is your favorite guilty pleasure musician/band? Don’t be shy! Les responded, “Chumbawamba, that’s right you heard me”.
- Question: Could you go an entire week without phones, TV, and computers? If not, how long until withdrawal symptoms would set in? Which would you miss the most? Answer: Yup. Easy. Withdrawal wouldn’t set in until I had an emergency and need to call someone or I finished my stack of unread books. I’d probably miss my iPhone the most.
We know Les is a real winner, so we understand if you’re already attached. Remember, there’s a bunch more people that will certainly knock your socks off too!
There ya have it folks! If you have any more questions about Les, comment here or tweet us at @tophatter.