Official Blog of the Tophatter Auction House
I get SO frustrated sometimes. I post on the Forum about my problem, and they tell me to email you…and then, other times, I email you, and you say I need to contact Support. Then, I go to Chat Staff with other problems, and they tell me to post it in the Forum. Aargh! How the h-e-double hockey sticks am I supposed to know where to post my questions? I just need help!
Dumbfounded in Detroit
I know it can be confusing sometimes…which Help is the right Help? It seems like an odd problem to have when you think about it, but, when you need help NOW, it’s good to know who to go to.
Here is a list of the Help options on Tophatter, along with an explanation of when to use it:
1) Chat Staff: These are your go-to people for immediate issues.
- Where can the live Chat Staff be found? Under the “Help” menu on any page of Tophatter. Just type in the chat box when it pops-up and a staff member will be with you shortly.
- What Type of Issues can they help with? Frozen auctions, rude user in the room, trouble with creating a new listing, etc.
- These are all great instances of when to go to Chat Staff, but be aware that the fix may not be immediate. Depending on the issue, they may ask you to contact Support or they may flag your chat for further staff review. If you DO get asked to email Support with your issue, that does NOT mean you’re getting the brush-off. Instead, it means that your case requires more time & consideration and our team wants to provide the best support possible.
2) Email/Support: This is for situations that concern your personal account.
- How can I contact the support team by email? Contacting the team through the Help Center ensures faster service - we’re able to better organize emails this way and we want to make sure you get a response within 1 business day.
- What Type of Issues can Support help with? Questions about unscheduled items, problems with your account, advice on how to deal with a customer service issue, etc. That way, we can take a deeper look into your account to see what the problem is and help you resolve it.
- These support issues tend to take more time and we need your account information in order to resolve the problem.
3) Forum: This is a place to go to post ideas you want Staff and the Tophatter Community weigh in on.
- How do you find the forum? Under the Help menu, it’s called “Seller Forum”.
- It’s also a great place to go if you need general advice about a situation or need a general question answered.
- Remember that the forum is public, so it should NOT be used to a) call out other users by name, b) post personal account details (we’ll most likely request that you email support because we don’t have enough account information to resolve the problem) or c) make comments that are not constructive or are negative in nature.
- The forum is meant as a place for members of the community to help each other.
I hope this helps you better understand who you can contact for assistance and in which cases. We are all here to help you, but the ways we can help differ based on where you track us down. Following the suggested avenues of support outlined above means you’ll likely receive a much more accurate and efficient answer.
And, if you’re ever unsure about who to ask, either email me (Katie) or pop in to Chat Staff to find out where to go next.