Official Blog of the Tophatter Auction House
Yay for female staffers! This week, our featured profile is Celeste. She’s been helping us create the magical and exciting environments that you experience every day in the auction rooms. Not only that, but she brought Wendell’s female auctioneers alive & into existance!
- Name: Celeste
- What do you do? I’m an illustrator and user interface artist. I do graphic design, help with typography decisions, and create art assets. For instance, I had a lot of fun creating some of the recent new auction backgrounds, such as the car collection garage and the billiards room.
- Do you have any pets? I currently do not own any pets, but I love animals of all kinds. I hope to get a cat someday.
- Who is your favorite Tophatter auctioneer & why? I’m a fan of the monocle, so I think that’s a good place to start. Any auctioneer with a monocle is ok in my book. However, since I helped design the new female auctioneers, I’m kind of partial to Penelope.
- If I were a superhero, I’d like to phase shift through walls. For some reason, that super power has always intrigued me.
- Top 3 fave non-Tophatter blogs/sites/apps: I’m addicted to TedTalks. I love learning about the latest discoveries in science and sustainability. However, beyond that, I’m not particularly devoted to a website or blog. I’m a social network nut, so I follow the discoveries of my friends and fans.
- When you do have spare time, what are your hobbies? As an artist, I always have personal projects I’m trying to complete. I also love figuring things out, like new technical gadgets. I also like to go outside and explore. I think it is fortunate the Bay Area has so many parks.
- What is your dream vacation? Someday, I’d like to visit the architecture of Gaudi in Spain. His architecture is so imaginative and beautiful, and has long been an inspiration to me.
- Favorite guilty pleasure musician/band? I don’t know if you can call Pink Floyd a “guilty” pleasure…
- Could you go an entire week without phones, TV & computers? I would like to think if I was outdoors, or in the wilderness, the wonder and beauty and danger of nature would sufficiently distract me. I love going for walks. However, I depend on my computer for so many things. It would be challenging to go for a week without it.
So, you’ve met Celeste, our amazing artist extraordinaire behind Wendell’s estate, the female auctioneers and a lot of the things you see on Tophatter that make us…well, Tophatter. :) If you want to check out more of her projects, here’s her website & fantastic portfolio.